Initially discovering her musical talent at the age of 11, Liz has grown into the epitome of a true musician with artistic ventures spanning genres and mediums to include DJ’ing, producing, composing, singing, writing, and much more.
As a producer, Liz has received national UK radio support and has worked with Emmy-award winning composer, Gavin Greenaway. She recently celebrated a 10-year collaborative partnership with renowned violinist, Minski – and her releases have received support from DJs such as Hernan Cattaneo, Nick Warren, Sasha, Laurent Garnier, John Digweed and Henry Saiz.
An award-winning composer, she has written film scores for several independent productions. She has also had a number of years in the world of writing music for advertising, with clients and projects including work for EMI Production Music, 20th Century Fox, Nokia, Diesel, Bose, Sky TV, L’Oreal and directors Julian Schnabel and Stuart Birchall.
As a London-based DJ, she played regular gigs at the legendary venues The End, Turnmills and The Cross and hosted a weekly radio show on House FM. Internationally, she has been hosted in Russia, Colombia, Hong Kong, and India. She now enjoys a monthly residency on DNA Radio.
Covering this wide range of music creation and production, Liz is now offering her expertise to support others in their musical endeavours.
THE RECORDED VERSION OF HER EXTENSIVE AND THOROUGH MUSIC PRODUCTION COURSE IS COMING SOON! SIGN UP TO BE NOTIFIED FIRST OF ITS AVAILABILITY.
Offering 24 engaging, easy-to-follow classes, the course covers how to make music, build a foundation for a career in music and what kind of staying power it takes in today’s music industry.
You will receive study materials and Liz will be on-hand to answer any questions you may have. You will also receive an invitation to join the school’s PRIVATE COMMUNITY OF STUDENTS, providing you with a supportive, encouraging and interactive space where you can ask questions and receive feedback. Liz herself is an active part of this community.
In addition to her music production course, Liz will soon be launching a subscription model of the school, where, for a set monthly fee, students will have access to TWO LIVE CLASSES a month. The best thing about it: students get to pick the topics covered!
What to Expect
Here’s a sample of just one of the awesome skills that you will learn from Liz’s course. Learn how to make your drums more interesting!
Built for the music creatives, enthusiasts, or people who want to learn more about music production, or refine their studio skills, the audio-visual course will be delivered in 30-45 minute classes and will include homework specifically designed to enable you to consolidate and fully understand what was covered during the lesson.
The course will cover all the foundational topics needed to set you up for creating music. We will cover how to program a beat, understanding and using chords, arranging, working with vocals, using audio effects, basic synthesis, mixing and mastering with confidence – and some really fun techniques on how to write super catchy hooks and riffs!
Lessons will be shown using Ableton, but the principles getting taught are universally applicable across all DAWs. Great care and consideration have been taken, in order to not alienate anybody as a result of DAW choice. As such, you will be able to translate everything to your preferred music production platform.
I will be available for Q&A sessions once the recorded version of the class has launched, during which you will be able to have any questions about the class answered directly by me.
What People Are Saying
“Liz has a very admirable teaching style – she is very friendly, totally approachable and has unquestionable desire to help you no matter what your level of knowledge. The lessons are really well structured, easy to understand and totally manageable especially if you know absolutely nothing about the topic.Annie
“Top-notch in-depth teaching that simplifies and covers key material and goes beyond the classroom, delivering a supportive community experience.Remi Blaze
“Being a student of Liz’s has been everything I expected – and much more. Her knowledge is beyond anyone’s I’ve worked with in the music industry and her humility and willingness to answer all our questions has been very big in motivating me in making more music and studying more. Signing up with her has been the best musical investment I made and I really look forward to our next lessons!”Salem
“Really happy to have started Liz’s course! Not only is Liz helping us understand, in a very organised and easy way, how to program music, she is also inspiring and helping us grow on a personal level. Highly recommended!”Sylvie Gabriel
Here’s a glance at the Music Production Course Curriculum:
Setting strong foundations
- Week 1: Mindset management and the importance of being organised
- Week 2: Basic music theory: rhythm & metre
- Week 3: The difference between audio and MIDI & how to program a beat
- Week 4: Basic drum EQing and compression
The cornerstones of music-making
- Week 1: Basic music theory: pitch
- Week 2: Basic music theory: scales
- Week 3: Basic music theory: key signatures
- Week 4: Building basic chords: triads
Building a melody
- Week 1: How to program a basic melody and create interesting sounds using reverb and delay
- Week 2: Music theory: basic cadences using triads
- Week 3: How to use a synthesizer and basic built-in synth effects
- Week 4: The circle of 5ths
- Week 1: Chord progressions using the circle of 5ths and how to write a melody line
- Week 2: Making things sound interesting: nail that arrangement and learn how to use your audio effects in innovative ways
- Week 3: Going deeper with audio effects: building effects racks and using macro controls for maximum control
- Week 4: How to approach a remix
Secret tips that will change everything
- Week 1: Audio mixing: a deeper exploration into compression and EQ. Audio routing to create depth.
- Week 2: Secret tips part 1: how to create breakdowns, build-ups and how to make your arrangement interesting.
- Week 3: Secret tips part 2: basslines that are audible on any sound system (including laptops), how to give your drop more power!
- Week 4: Working with vocals
How to achieve a polished sound
- Week 1: Making vocals sound pro: advanced editing and mixing
- Week 2: Be sure of your mix, wherever you are: A/Bing
- Week 3: An introduction to mastering: in the studio or on the move
- Week 4: You get what you give – a new definition of networking
Within the field of music, Liz’s clients and projects have included work for EMI Production Music, 20th Century Fox, Nokia, Diesel, Bose, Sky TV, L’Oreal and directors Julian Schnabel and Stuart Birchall. If you have a dream inside you and you’re committed to making it happen, sign up and let’s make it happen.